Enschede: a vibrant student city
With 30,000 students and a wide range of clubs and bars, Enschede has earned the right to call itself a vibrant student city.
You'll never run out of things to do in Enschede:
- Enjoy all that the UT campus has to offer: campus sports, sports facilities, activities and student festivities.
- Head to a FC Twente football match with friends at the De Grolsch Veste stadium, one of the top football stadiums in the country.
- Ride your bike to the town centre to the Old Market Square, popular venue for live music, festivals and other activities.
- Sample Dutch food favorites or visit one of the popular international restaurants or takeaway shops.
- Enjoy the beautiful green spaces in and around the UT campus.
Hear, see, enjoy
At the Nationaal Muziekkwartier you can listen to rock, pop, Dutch folk music and classical music. On top of that, Enschede has nine theatres - including our own open-air theatre - and the Rijksmuseum Twenthe where you can enjoy a rich collection of fine arts.
Travel across Europe and beyond
Your student visa will grant you the unique opportunity to travel across Europe during your studies. Hop on a train at the Enschede station and you'll be in Amsterdam, Paris or Berlin within hours.